Gilabbey Veterinary Hospital (GVH) is currently seeking a veterinary graduate, with a degree that can be registered with the Veterinary Council of Ireland for the position of Intern in Small Animal Surgery. This position will be under the guidance of a full-time European Diplomate in Small Animal Surgery graduate.
- Degree that can be registered with the Veterinary Council of Ireland
- Good written and spoken English
- Focus and determination
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong References
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- 1-2 yrs post graduate experience in small animal practice or completion of a rotating internship. Exceptional new graduates may be considered.
The selected intern is expected to play a key role within the surgical team. This will involve daily management of in-patients, admitting new patients, diagnostic procedures, administering sedation and general anaesthesia under the supervision of senior staff, assisting in surgery and discharging surgical cases. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with hospital staff, clients and referring veterinary surgeons through verbal and written communication. Maintaining hospital records with appropriate clinical information and pricing is important.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.30pm except when managing intensive care cases or emergency surgery
- No night duty or weekend duty except when managing emergency cases
- 12 month contract
Further details of the advertised positions can be found by contacting Shane Guerin or John Cunningham.