Gilabbey Veterinary Hospital (GVH) has an exciting opportunity for a registered veterinary nurse to join our dedicated theatre nursing team. This group is responsible for the running and maintenance of two dedicated operating theatres. Duties will involve admitting surgery cases, administering sedation, placing intravenous catheters, monitoring anaesthesia, taking radiographs/CT images, infectious disease control and the management of surgical instrumentation packs. The successful applicant will work with two other theatre nurses, a specialist surgeon and surgery intern.
This position would suit a nurse with small animal experience who is keen to develop their nursing career and specialise in all disciplines of theatre nursing.
We believe that veterinary nurses play a vital and very responsible role in our hospital. An important part of our daily routine is to provide teaching to visiting students and post-graduates.
- Degree that can be registered with the Veterinary Council of Ireland
- Good written and spoken English
- Focus and determination
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong References
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- 1-2 yrs post graduate experience in small animal practice.
- Exceptional new graduates may be considered.
Generous package on offer dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Further details of the advertised positions can be found by contacting Shane Guerin or John Cunningham.