The Gilabbey Team has been caring for your pets since the early 1950s and it has been a privilege to get to know so many of you and your pets.
As you are aware, the hospital has been temporarily closed for several months as the building requires major renovation. This has resulted in limited facilities making it difficult to meet our high standards of service and clinical care. It is due to these factors and after careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to permanently close Gilabbey Hospital as from Friday 31st March 2023.
What this Means for You
Your pet’s records: all of Gilabbey’s pet records are held in a secure database and can only be released within GDPR guidelines. When you register with your new veterinary practice, you will need to call the hospital on 021 496 2799 and request that your pet’s records are securely transferred to your new vet. This will not automatically happen until authorised by you.
From Friday 31st March, your call will be forwarded to our Careline dedicated team of telephonists who can help you.
Vaccinations, Food and Pets on Long Term Medication
To ensure we can fulfil orders, please note that the last date you will be able to order repeat medications and food from us is Thursday 23rd March 2023.
This will allow enough time for us to get the medication and food in and ready for you so that you can collect it from us before 31st March.
Your pet’s clinical records contain details of your pet’s vaccination history. Once your pet’s clinical records are transferred to your new vet, you will be able to enquire when vaccinations are due and/or arrange an appointment. Your new vet will also be able to provide continuation of long-term medication. Please allow sufficient time for the transfer of your pet’s records to ensure continuity of treatment.
For any other concerns or questions, please call the usual practice number 021 496 2799.
After Friday 31st March 2023, your call will be forwarded to our Careline dedicated team of telephonists who can help you with any enquiries. Payment of any outstanding balances should be settled by calling this number.
Emergency Out of Hours
With the closure of Gilabbey Veterinary Hospital our emergency out of hours provider – MiNightVet Cork – will also be closing from Friday 31st March 2023. It is therefore important that you register your pet with a new veterinary practice as soon as possible and they will be able to advise you of their out of hours provision should you have an emergency when the daytime vets are closed.
There are several other veterinary practices in the area to which some of the Gilabbey Team will be transferring in the coming week.
You will find some of our colleagues from Gilabbey Veterinary Hospital at the following practices
- Sunbeam Vets South Ring Business Park, Unit 1, Cork, T12 HTVO. Tel 021 4311600 and Sunbeam Veterinary Hospital, North Point Business Park, Cork. T230FXY9. Tel 021 4391600.
- The Vet Clinic, 2 Lower Mill Road, Midleton, Co. Cork. P25KV61. Tel 021 4632586.
- Cashman Veterinary, Riverstown Mews, Cross, Glanmire, Co. Cork. T45FY72. Tel 021 4821243.
- Faxbridge Veterinary Hospital, 32 Strand Road, Scartagh, Clonakilty, Co Cork, P85 A406. Tel 023 8833252.
- The Village Veterinary Clinic, 31 a/b St Patrick’s Woollen Mills, Douglas, Cork. Tel 021 4890201.
Other local practices available are:
- The Vet Clinic – 2 Lower Mill Road, Town parks, Midleton, Co. Cork P25KV61 Tel 021 4632586.
- Glasslyn Vets Station Road Bandon Co. Cork. P72FY72. Tel 023 8841404.
- Abbeyville Veterinary Hospital – 1 Clashduv Road, Togher, Cork. T12ET29. Tel 021 4317019.
- Riverview Veterinary – Unit 2, WestPoint Trade Centre, Link Road, Ballincollig, Co. Cork. P31 DT80. Tel 021 4874879.
- Millview Veterinary Clinic – Victoria Cross Road, Cork. T12NX92 Tel 021 434 6311.
We thank you for your custom over the years and wish you and your pets the very best for the future.